- Chris Hemsworth as Jed - is again pre-Thor in this, but is fine and certainly believable as the recently returned Marine who inspires the local kids to fight back. He proves again that he's a better actor than you think he should be, although it's not shown off in this movie.
- Josh Peck as Matt - has previously been in a great deal of kid shows and movies. He was in Drillbit Taylor. He's not great in this, and has that Kristen Stewart problem of leaving his mouth open all the time.
- Adrianne Palicki as Toni - I know the girls were sisters in the original, so I assumed they were in this one, however, Toni does mention that she's an only child. Adrianne has been on Friday Night Lights, and in Legion, a Paul Bettany movie that I love, and again, she's fine in this - but thank goodness she's not playing Wonder Woman.
- Isabel Lucas as Erica - previously seen in Transformers 2 as the blond girl. She plays Matt's girlfriend, and the reason he throws a carefully plotted scheme in the trash to rescue her, throwing the group into disarray. She's bland, but again - fine. Incidentally - she once costarred with Chris Hemsworth in an Australian soap opera, and they dated for a while.
- Josh Hutcherson as Robert - again, this is pre-Peeta for him, but he had already been in the Journey to the Center of the Earth and various other TV shows. He's pretty good in this, and will probably have a very long career.
- Connor Cruise (yes, Tom's kid) plays Daryl, the mayor's son. The mayor starts to work with the invaders, giving Connor plenty to act conflicted about. This is his first major movie role, and again - he's fine.
- Edwin Hodge (older brother of Aldis, who is currently starring on Leverage, and is my pick to play T'Challa if they ever get around to a Black Panther movie) plays Danny. He's done a lot of TV, and is again - fine - in this movie as one of the kids helping to fight back.
- Brett Cullen plays Tom Eckert - sheriff and father. He's the one who initiates this sequence of events by encouraging the boys to hide in the woods and fight back, but never asks to be avenged.
- Will Yun Lee plays the lead Korean invader. He's been in a lot of things, most recently on Hawaii 5-0. If you didn't watch Witchblade when it was on TV, you should rent it.
- Jeffery Dean Morgan, Kenneth Choi, and Matt Gerald play the three American Marines that eventually run into the kids in the woods to help them steal a suitcase, which will turn the tide of battle. Because that's what suitcases do. Okay, to be fair, it's a communications device, but still - it looks like a suitcase.
5 out of 10 - the definition of average. Gained points for giving people more reason to yell "Wolverines!" And bonus for you if that was your high school mascot (mine would be "Falcons!"). Lost points for the brothers making Robert drink a cup of deer's blood after he shoots it, ick, and why?
Bonus Video 1: Witchblade, was a series on TNT, starring Will Yun Lee and Yancy Butler.
Bonus Video 3: Aldis and Edwin Hodge - again, if you aren't watching Leverage, you should be.