One of the comedians on that show was Dax Shepard. Dax grew up in a small town in Michigan and then went to UCLA and graduated with a degree in anthropology. He is improv comedy specialist, which was obvious on Punk'd. Dax's hobbies include snowboarding, motorcycles, snowmobiles, basketball, and collecting fast cars. The success of Punk'd, and Dax's role in it, allowed him to get some parts in other movies: Zathura, Employee of the Month, Idiocracy, Without a Paddle, and my favorite of his movies, When in Rome.
Along the way - they encounter his hapless Federal Marshal protector, her crazy ex-boyfriend and his state trooper brother, elderly swingers, a random redneck, and of course, his old crew. Hijinks and car chases ensue. Because the budget was so low - and there was no insurance on set - Dax did most of his own stunt driving.
- Michael Rosenbaum (my all time favorite Lex Luthor) plays a character that he is beginning to corner the market on: the douchey ex-boyfriend, Gil. He is ridiculous and crazy, and is very funny. And look - hair!
- Tom Arnold plays the Marshal attempting to protect Charlie. He is bumbling and out of control - and really seems to just be playing himself. In fact, most of the people in this movie are. It makes me wonder if Dax wrote it with these people in mind, so that they had the least amount of work to do as possible.
- David Koechner shows up, again mostly playing himself - or the redneck trucker version of himself.
- Kristin Chenoweth is the co-worker that sets Annie up with the interview in L.A. She is hilarious, but again, playing a character we've seen her do multiple times before.
- Ryan Hansen (who used to be on Veronica Mars, and is married to one of Bell's best friends) plays Allen, one of the members of Charlie's old crew. There's no explanation for his suit - or his backflip skill - which just adds to the comedy.
- Joy Bryant plays another member of the old crew - the hot chick, because of course, there's a hot chick in every bank robbing crew.
- Jess Rowland steps in as Gil's state patrolman brother Terry. Very tall and very funny.
- Sexiest Man Alive (according to People Magazine - not necessarily according to me, but close) Bradley Cooper plays Alex, the leader of Charlie's old crew, and apparent dog lover. The wig is terrible, but he has said it is the same wig from the beginning of Limitless, and they simply dreaded it - to save money. Cooper can do comedy - and is also good at action, did you see the latest A-team? you should, in case you didn't, because he shows off both the comedy and action chops in that movie. He is absolutely the villain of this movie and does a great job.
- Also Beau Bridges is in this - He's good, but it seems weird that he's in it - although he totally fits the tone and does a great job.
8 out of 10: gained points for Cooper assaulting the pit bull owner in the store - hilarious. Lost points for Chenoweth's weird massage scene. Gained points for the car chases - fun and funny! Lost points for the old swingers, weird. Gained points for Rosenbaum. Yay.
Bonus Video 1: Bell as Sarah Marshall in two of Sarah Marshall's terrible TV shows...too funny!
Bonus Video 3: Up a Creek - totally bizarre comedy with Seth Green, Matthew Lillard and Dax Sheppard...just weird, and they do encounter Burt Reynolds.